Has Your Troy Roof Been Damaged?
The weather in the Troy area can fluctuate severely from one day to the next. We experience thunderstorms, heavy rain and snow, hail, excessive heat and humidity. All these elements can impact your roof and cause damage to it.
Signs of Damage to Look for on Your Troy Home
You should take quick action if you notice any of the following signs.
- Buckling shingles can mean moisture is beneath them.
- Water spots on your ceilings or running down walls can indicate the roof is leaking.
- Curling shingles could result from poor attic ventilation or improper roof installation.
- Missing shingles need to be replaced to avoid leaking.
- Rotting shingles are from absorbing too much moisture.
- Blisters or bubbles are also from too much moisture.
- Roof flashing can malfunction from improper installation, causes leaks to occur.
- Broken or cracked gutters will not be able to distribute the water flow from the roof properly, causing standing water.
- Broken seals or cracks in skylights will cause leaks to occur.
- Peeling paint underneath eaves can be caused by a faulty roof.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s likely that your roof needs to be repaired or replaced. It’s important to have a professional roofer inspect the roof more thoroughly to see all damage. Based on the inspection and the overall condition of your roof, repairs or replacement will be warranted.
When Is It Time to Replace Your Roof?
Repairing any problems with your Troy roof is often enough to remedy the issues. However, there are circumstances when a complete roof replacement is necessary. Things that factor into the decision of repair or replace include the following.
- Roof Age. Modern roofs are made to last longer than those made in previous years. If your roof is approaching 20 years old, you may be better off completely replacing it.
- Bald Shingles. Time will gradually wear away the granules on your shingles. If many of them look smooth or spotty, it might be time to replace.
- Recent Severe Weather. If you’ve experienced storms, heavy rains or hail, it may have extensively damaged your roof, requiring complete replacement.
- Worn Flashing. If the flashing around your chimney or roof vents has deteriorated, water may have infiltrated your roof’s shingles. This can lead to leaks and requires a roof replacement.
Trust a Local Troy Roofing Expert
Whether you need your roof inspected, repaired or replaced, it’s best to call a professional. But don’t trust just any roofing company; go with the experts at Brian Dawson Roofing, LLC,
Locally owned and operated since 1999, Brian Dawson Roofing has been doing roofing for your neighbors for many years. They know you have choices for your roofing needs. That’s why they go the extra mile to ensure you receive the highest quality results at a competitive price.
We value our reputation and appreciative all our customers. We make sure you are satisfied with the work we do. That’s why Brian Dawson himself inspects every roofing job before we call it complete.
When you need roofing inspections, replacement, or repair in Troy, trust Brian Dawson Roofing, LLC. We’re your local roofing contractor that you can depend on to do a complete and accurate job. Give us a call for a free, no-obligation consultation.