At Brian Dawson Roofing, LLC, the health and safety of our customers and employees are our highest priorities. In response to the public health situation related to coronavirus (COVID-19), we are diligently monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and medical professionals to ensure we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure your health and safety are always at the forefront of how we serve you.
Practicing Good Hygiene Etiquette
Our teams are taking preventative safety measures, including the following:
- Cleaning our hands with soap often, for at least 20 seconds
- Using hand sanitizer when available
- Keeping a safe distance (6 feet) from people who are sneezing/coughing
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces
- Staying home when sick
Keeping Our Customers Safe
Additional actions we’re taking to ensure safe practices are:
- If you need a roof replacement, we come to your home to measure the property. There is no need for you to be present.
- We offer the option for an online meeting to discuss your project.
- Estimates can be sent via email or snail mail.
- If you need to decide on a particular type or color of shingle for your roof, we can leave a sample shingle (that has been sanitized) at your home.
- All our trucks keep a supply of hand sanitizer, which the drivers and roofers use diligently.
- Allow customers to “sign” a proposal via email.
- Send invoices, waivers and other documents via email or snail mail.
- There is no need for us to enter your home for roofing projects. We can discuss your project by email or phone. If absolutely necessary, we will discuss in person, while standing at least six feet away.
- Before entering a customer’s home or property, we will communicate that we’re healthy and ask if our customer is as well.
- Upon greeting a customer, we will not shake hands; instead, we’ll use "elbow tapping" or just a nod or wave.
- If requested by the customer, we will wear a face mask upon entering the property.
- We will assign a project manager for each site to oversee progress, ensure materials are available, and safety protocols are followed.
What Can You Do to Help?
There are measures you can take, as our customer, to protect you and our workers:
- Let us know in advance of your appointment if you have any concerns or if you would like us to take special precautions.
- Inform us if anyone in the household has health issues, like the flu, a cold, or any suspected symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
- Let us know if you would like us to limit the amount of information we leave behind, and we can make adjustments or email the information instead.
Stay Healthy and Follow Guidelines
Prevention is key to avoiding infection. As long as proper safety and strict sanitary procedures are followed, there is no reason why your roofing repairs or installation need to wait.
Brian Dawson Roofing appreciates your business and we want to be your go-to company for all your roofing needs. Your roof protects your home and possessions, so it’s important to keep it in top shape. That can still be done, even under these dire circumstances.
If you would like more information on the latest news to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your everyday practices, please visit the CDC or Coronavirus.gov for daily updates.