By the time many commercial roofing problems are identified, secondary damage has already occurred. That means higher repair costs or an increased likelihood that you’ll need to replace it.
Proper maintenance will help spot small problems before they become major expensive issues. Proactive roof maintenance delivers essential benefits and can save your business money in the long run.
Why Roof Maintenance Is Important
A commercial roof is expensive to replace. Regular roof maintenance and inspections identify roof damage in its early stages and documents the early signs of possible roofing problems before they become a major issue.
Routine care and repairs performed by a capable roofing professional will help keep those heavy expense burdens at bay, ensure your roof warranty is valid, and increase the odds of your roof lasting to its full life expectancy.
With proactive maintenance performed on your commercial roof, you’ll benefit in several ways.
1. Preventing Structural Damage
A regular maintenance plan will detect small problems so they can be addressed before they become roof leaks. This can greatly reduce the risk of costly roof repairs. Undetected roof leaks will eventually lead to rusting steel and deteriorating materials that can compromise your building’s structural integrity.
2. Increase Lifespan
The costs of replacing your roof can be costly. Routine upkeep can make your roof last much longer. A roof that is regularly inspected and maintained can protect your building for many decades and extend the time between roof replacements.
3. Protect Your Commercial Building
Waiting until there’s a noticeable problem with your roof is risky. Keeping the interior of your building safe and dry is important for business operations, employees, and equipment.
A defective roof can destroy everything inside the building. You don’t want leaking water to damage the equipment, supplies, and furnishings you need to keep your business going. With regular roof maintenance, your building will remain protected year after year.
4. Increased Safety and More Productivity
Prevent having to close down your commercial building to have your roof fixed. Active roof maintenance is the solution to improve the safety of your roof and building. Roof problems can become safety hazards for employees, customers, and guests. Prevent this by actively maintaining your roof.
5. Save Money
Preventative roof maintenance costs less than major repairs. Maintenance keeps your roof strong so it can better withstand severe weather. It also extends the life of your roof. Hundreds of dollars in repairs can be avoided by investing in more affordable preventative maintenance to keep your roof in peak condition.
6. Improve Aesthetics
Everybody wants their property to look pleasing inside and out. The exterior look of your commercial building house is partly determined by the look and condition of your roof. A properly maintained roof has a great curb appeal to help give a good first impression. A well-kept building will attract more customers.
What’s Included in a Roof Maintenance Program
A professional roofing contractor has programs specifically designed to make it easier for commercial building owners to keep track of roof maintenance. Some of the features of a roof maintenance program include:
- A comprehensive examination of the entire roof for damage
- Careful evaluation of the roof’s perimeter for any damage, one of the most common areas for roofing problems
- Removal of all debris on roof
- Inspection and cleaning of all drains, gutters, and grates
- Close examination of the status of all roof seams, curbs, and penetrations
- Confirmation that no spaces have developed at the roof’s weld points
- Assessment of all sheet metal flashings and counter flashings at all key points of the roof
- Verification of all flashings being safe and secure
- Examination and confirmation that roof access scuttle, ladder, and locking mechanism are operable
- Assessment and confirmation of all HVAC unit access doors being in good shape and secure
- Submission of a written report to the building owner of the condition of the roof and other important and relevant details
Trusted Commercial Roofing Professionals
Commercial roofs are the first line of defense to protect everything inside. It’s very important to ensure that they remain intact at all times to protect your investment. Neglecting maintenance will cost you more in the long run.It’s never advisable for a layperson to get up on any roof, especially a large commercial one. Leave it to the professionals at Brian Dawson Roofing. We can make repair recommendations based on our extensive knowledge and expertise. Our work is guaranteed, and you will have peace of mind knowing your roof is in good hands. Contact us today to get your roof maintenance program started.